Wednesday, August 20, 2014

The last few days before take off

I had a good idea. Sometimes I am smart and it's awesome. 

I decided to get everything packed early so it wasn't a last minute rush and then I actually did it. This is the longest time I've had to prepare to go overseas. I've known since February and I didn't leave until August. It also helped that I pretty much needed to have my stuff sorted out before I took things to my parents house to store. That forced me to make most of the decisions of what to keep, what to take, what to give/throw away, and what to try to sell two weeks before I actually left. 

Since I was all packed up and basically just living out of a suitcase, that allowed me time to remember things I forgot and take care of them before I left. I have never felt so prepared and ready- it was amazing!! It also gave me time to relax and pamper myself. I got a haircut, a mani/pedi and a Korean body scrub/massage. I love my pedi. I normally only go with red but I decided I wanted the Kuwaiti flag as decoration and since red is a color along the outside of the flag that wouldn't really work. So I went with blue to represent the Persian Gulf. I hope it's not offensive to put the flag on my toes. It was done out of respect and excitement. I think it looks cute. 


I have a shipping allowance this time (up to $700) so I've been able to pack way more than I normally do. I ended up with 7 pieces of luggage. Heavy luggage. My luggage scale is one of the best things I've bought. Almost all my bags were very carefully right at the limit and I maxed out my allowance. My luggage also all made it here with me, so that was awesome. Now I just have to figure out where to put everything.... 
I totally packed more than I needed to, but I don't care.




No comments:

Post a Comment