Wednesday, August 20, 2014

First day orientation- with pics of classroom

We're all jet lagged and the school totally gets that, that's why we got started at 8am after getting in very late last night. That may sound like I'm complaining but I'm not. They do it on purpose to help us get over the jet lag and get on to the schedule here. They also don't expect too much from us so that's nice. We had a nice breakfast at a restaurant on the harbor. We toured the school, got keys to our classroom, had our picture taken for IDs for the school and government (that one IS a little mean- picture the very next day when you haven't slept much and you don't own a hair dryer or flat iron yet), we got our settling in allowance, and went shopping! 
The outside of the school enterance and the view from my table at breakfast:



My classroom. I can't wait to see what was left for me. I also got my class list- 22 students. I LOVE that about most international schools- the class sizes are smaller. They're even smaller for the high school. The HS principal said he's run classes with as little as 5 or 6 students. 











Just a few stats about the school. Not real stats, just estimate stats I've bee told. There are about 1,600 students at the school. About 1,100 are elementary K-5. There are about 175 teachers and admin staff and about 35 new hires this year. 

The money here is cool looking, like ALL non US money. The conversion is about 1KD=$3.50US.


No comments:

Post a Comment