Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Just me and Tux... For now

The poor guy was in super shock and stressed. We've both been traumatized. He was freaked out when I brought him home and wouldn't leave the crate before I went to bed.

During the night he ate and ventured outside the crate. He used the litter box- found it all by himself (I love cats) and he's BIG on covering up and scratching a lot. It woke me twice. And his new nickname is Sir Stinky Poos. 

In the morning he was still pretty freaked out. He meowed at me a couple times but when I approached him to try and pet him he ran away. He wedged himself in a the two inch space between my wardrobe and the wall and that's where I left him when I left for work. I left Pride and Prejudice audio book playing so he would have the noise while I was gone. Not sure that was a good idea- I think he thought someone strange was there and he needed to hide. 

He was exactly where I left him when I got home. He hadn't come out to eat or anything from what could tell. When I came home he came out to explore, eat, poop, and even play. He was still angry and meowing at me and wouldn't  let me pet him for awhile. 

Then we had a turn around. He let me pet him and he purred. He's exploring more, played a whole bunch, and his body posture is totally different from this morning. He's been confidently exploring the house and then coming over to meow at me every now and then. We played a lot. 










Last night he slept in the bed with me. I hate to leave him today for four days :( I hope he dose regress too much. 




I want to get another cat so he has someone to play with. The day before Brûlée was killed a student of mine asked if I wanted a kitten because his cat had kittens. I had told him no because I was already taking two. But the next day I was like- tell me more. I emailed his mom. I can have one but they're still nursing, only a month old. I think I might take one. 





1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were able to keep Tux safe. Hopefully he'll have a playmate soon. You're too sweet and thoughtful! Even overseas you see the suffering of others and do something about it. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete