Monday, October 13, 2014

little by little

Today, the very little bit of "art" I have was hung on my wall. It's so nice to not have blank, white walls anymore. My "art" consists of a scratch-off travel map, (you scratch off the countries as you visit them) the word "TRAVEL" 3D box-ish made out of old maps, and a collage of pictures I've taken in various places. I like it. No, I love it. It makes me happy when I look at it.

I was able to fix the ugly brown couch issue. My friends had black couches in their apartment that didn't match with their decor- brown worked much better in their place. We were able to arrange a swap and we are both SO HAPPY with the change. I bought a couple of throw pillow... innards? Stuffing? I need to find good covers that will work with the room. The whiteness of the... innards... kinda works, but it's also rather stark. The throws will take some time and work to figure out.

I also bought a bed set so now my bed looks pretty. I need a few more pillows for that as well. The embroidery was off center as well which makes me unhappy, but after getting that bed skirt on there was no way I was going to go to the trouble of returning it. Too much hassle.






2 comments:

  1. I like it! Your very own place with your mark. Love it...can't wait to see it in a couple months!!!

    ReplyDelete