Saturday, October 18, 2014

I'm so fancy....

So my friend Sinae talked me into going with her and Sybil to a piano recital on Thursday night. I wasn't going to go because there was this principal's dinner that I felt we should be going to, but I caved and went to the recital instead. I posted a pic on instagram and FB but I thought I would post a couple more here.
It was fun to have an excuse to get dressed up and fancy, pretend I'm cultured a little. When we got to the Raddison- where the recital was, I could see this GIANT ship looking thing at the very back, right on the water. I secretly hoped the recital was there and happily it was. The hall was amazing! It looked like a big ship that was attached to the building. Inside was a big ballroom with tons of big chandeliers. The pianist was a woman named Sonja Park- Korean. :) She was AMAZING! I don't know much about piano, but I know what she played was very difficult and she played it very well.
My friends were a little sad that there was no wine at intermission. I enjoyed the fact that I knew I would be able to drink what they were serving- yea! It was just juice, coffee and tea. At least it wasn't coffee, tea, and wine- then I wouldn't have had anything. One out of three is better than none out of three.
the "ship" from outside
the massive doors leading to the ship/ballroom
the back of the ship/ballroom

the floors were amazing
during the recital
I thought this was funny--a no smoking sign in the bathroom. Love the translation

No comments:

Post a Comment