Saturday, September 13, 2014

It's like Utah, only Muslim

So Kuwait is turning out to be remarkably like Utah in some ways. I feel I can poke a little fun since I am Mormon.
In Utah there is an LDS chapel on every corner. In Kuwait, there's a mosque on every corner. Seriously. Here's a map of my neighborhood. It takes me about 5 mins to walk to my school. There's a mosque right next to my school, one a block in either direction and then they've decided that there is not a mosque close enough to my house so they are building another one right across the street. They must have heard that the call to prayer is not waking us up at 4am.
There's no drinking alcohol allowed- which works well for me. At a cultural event I went to they said that Muslims will love to talk to you about religion but be warned, they will eventually ask you, "Why don't you convert?"--- also like Mormons. :)

The red circles are the mosques in the neighborhood. The one closest to my house is under construction. 

The green mosque on the way to school at sunrise. 

The mosque under construction with the green mosque behind it. 

Up close of the green mosque

Green mosque with the under construction mosque in the background-- THAT close!




No comments:

Post a Comment