Sunday, September 7, 2014

Bahrain

Well that didn't take long for me to get off schedule. To be fair, I've been very busy AND I still don't have internet at home. I've been extra busy in part because I had to go to Bahrain for visa paperwork stuff. Yes, HAD to go. While I love the idea of visiting another country at the schools expense, the timing was really bad. I missed out on more orientation and a lot of prep time making the first week even busier than it would normally be. 
So Bahrain- Sadly, I didn't see much of it. We flew in on Tuesday night and went straight to the hotel. Guess what- hotels here have a Qaran and prayer rug. I thought that was cool. 


On Wednesday we went to the Kuwait embassy to get the directions and paperwork we needed. We had to go get blood drawn and a chest X-Ray (for TB) and then we just hung out at the hotel. Everyone else was super excited to be able to drink. I was excited to have bacon but sadly the bacon at breakfast looked like someone had boiled it. Yuck! There were four of us that went which was nice so we didn't have to be alone. I had a nice list of non-drinking things to do there but I opted to enjoy the use of internet and do some lesson planning. 
On Thursday we had to go back to the embassy in the morning and again in the afternoon to get our paperwork before flying back to Kuwait that evening just in time for the weekend. We passed the time between embassy visits at the mall where we found this Hello Kitty spa. Apparently there's one here in Kuwait as well. This was extra interesting at the time because the big story going around Facebook was the fact that apparently Hello Kitty is not a cat and is in fact a little Brtish girl...... with cat ears....... and whiskers..... 

Just a couple of random pictures from Bahrain. When we went to get a taxi we saw this car. My friend researched it online and asked some people on a car collector site and they told her that it's only 1 of about 20 in the world. Feel free to try to verify that. I didn't. Good journalist, I know. ;)


We had a nice looking pool but it was still too freaking hot to sit by it. 


There were some really cool buildings. The one right across from our hotel was cool. It had huge wind turbines between the two towers. Apparently this is the only building I took photos of-sorry. 

These was the view from my window-

Here is Bahrain money- again, much prettier than American money. 

This was cool- I'm pretty sure they played some kind of prayer before our flight. I like that. 

And this isn't the first time I've had this happen, but it doesn't happen often, I think it's from the heat and humidity-? 
It shows better in the video but I'm not sure how to attach a video yet..... It's like all this steam/fog just pours into the airplane before take off. It looks cool. 




No comments:

Post a Comment